The KoppenHerberg, for a cycle-friendly stay par excellence
The Koppenherberg allows you to really experience cycling, every single day of the year. If you are a fan of cycling, there is no better place for you to stay than here. Ten reasons why you, as a fan of cycling, have come to the right address at the KoppenHerberg:
1. Stay in the epicentre of the Tour
- The holiday home is situated on the course followed by spring classics such as the Tour of Flanders and the E3 Prijs Harelbeke. The KoppenHerberg offers you front-row seats for watching the races.
- The KoppenHerberg is literally the (cycling) heart of the Flemish Ardennes and can be found on various official and signed cycling and mountain bike routes. Follow in the footsteps of your cycling heroes and conquer legendary (cobbled) hills and cobbled sections such as the KoppenBerg, Paterberg or Oude Kwaremont and enjoy the breath-taking views along your cycling routes.
- The holiday home is less than 10 km away from the very heart of the peaceful cycling paradise Pays des Collines (Western Hainaut).
- Ready to give your tired climbers’ legs a rest and go for a flat stretch instead?? There are plenty of opportunities in the area for that too along the cycle highway that crosses the Flemish Ardennes, via the Ravel in Pays des Collines or along the Schelde.
2. Maintain and store your beloved bike in a safe and convenient wa
The KoppenHerberg is equipped with a large bike storage room that can be securely locked. Additionally, high-pressure cleaners and other cleaning and servicing equipment are provided to help you maintain your iron horse in pristine condition.
3. Enjoy a lovely invigorating showe
During the renovation of the KoppenHerberg in 2019, extra attention was paid to putting in all the necessary modern comforts so that you can freshen up straight after your cycle ride. There are no fewer than 6 shower cubicles, each with a rain shower and plenty of changing facilities.
4. Relax after your cycle ride in a beautiful slice of heaven
After your cycle you can relax on the sun terrace, lose yourself in a reverie in the large garden with breath-taking views or plan a barbecue in a setting that you have rarely enjoyed before.
5. Taste the Tour
Oudenaarde and its surroundings offer plenty of locations for analysing the ride with a delicious cyclists’ beer in a typical Flemish cycle café, or for tucking into an enjoyable meal in one of the many excellent little restaurants. Be sure to take a look at the tips from Aurélie and Christophe
6. Visit the Tour of Flanders Centre
The Tour of Flanders Centre is an active experience centre for lovers of cycling with different interests in cycling, only 7km from the KoppenHerberg.
7. Enjoy the large modern kitchen
The KoppenHerberg is equipped with a brand-new kitchen with all the necessary modern appliances to prepare a delicious meal. Eat your daily breakfast in the most beautiful spot in the house (the dining room) and lose yourself in a daydream about your planned ride gazing out at the unique view.
8. Consult Aurélie and Christophe who are fans of cycling and hands-on expert
Christophe and Aurélie are big fans of cycling themselves and are very knowledgeable about the region. Download and use the GPX files we offer to guests, available on a tablet, There is a selection to suit everybody, each of them tried and tested and approved
9. Plan a guided tour with none other than the Lion of Flanders, Johan Museeuw
Your hosts have close ties with the “Lion of Flanders” Johan Museeuw. Do you fancy exploring the Flemish Ardennes for a day following in the slipstream of this great champion? Notify us when you book and we will check his availability and send you a quote.
10. Cycle in freshly laundered cycling outfits every day
The washing machine and dryer are free to use. So, you can sweat as much as you like during your gruelling ride without worrying as you will be able to cycle in a freshly laundered cycling outfit every day.